PYD’s Career Readiness Program is an inclusive job-readiness program that addresses barriers to employment for youth and young adults with disabilities. This program has existed for over 20 years and impacts the lives of over 100 youth annually.
Our Career Readiness Program addresses barriers to employment via a three-tiered curriculum involving academic learning, real-world experiences, and mentoring. The curriculum is based upon the principles of Universal Design for Learning and includes flexible goals, methods, materials, assessments, and accommodations for learning differences.
We are currently teaching our career readiness curriculum in 7+ Boston Public School classrooms, plus offering a community after-school program. This after-school program consists of weekly workshops, job shadow experiences, and career exploration activities. Sign up today to take part!
- Resident of the Greater Boston Area
- Between the ages of 14-22 with a documented disability
- Must attend high school or post-secondary programming
- Enrollment is rolling, so sign up anytime
- Monthly calendars are available with days and times for each workshop and event
- Meetings occur at community locations in Somerville, Cambridge, and Boston