The Susan M. Daniels Disability Mentoring Hall of Fame was established by the National Disability Mentoring Coalition (NDMC) to honor those individuals who are making a significant difference in the lives of youth and adults with disabilities through mentoring and to raise awareness about the importance of mentoring for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to induct Robert (Bob) Vetere, Senior Workplace Accommodation Specialist in the Global Corporate Responsibility organization with Northrop Grumman, into the Susan Daniels Disability Mentoring Hall of Fame as the Mentor of the Year. Bob Vetere has a very successful career with Northrop Grumman Corporation since March 20, 1978, with many achievements in the Business Management organization.
Bob is a strong advocate for the employment of qualified individuals of all abilities and has served in many roles and has achieved many accomplishments inside and outside of Northrop Grumman, including the following:
- February 2015, served on a Viscardi Center panel at the US Chamber of Commerce on creating a welcoming environment, where individuals are comfortable and included..
- June 2015 – Presented low hearing initiatives at the HLAA – Hearing Loss Association of America’s national conference, St Louis.
- August 2015 – Presented Creating a Welcoming Environment at the NILG – National Industry Liaison Group, NYC..
- In 2014, Bob was elected to serve as Chairperson of the USBLN’s Corporate Advisory Board (CAB).
- 2014 USBLN Conference Presenter & Moderator on panel, “Creating a Harmonized Reasonable Accommodation Process”
- 2013 US Business Leadership Network (USBL) Conference Track Chair & Presenter on Employing College Student with Disabilities
- 2012 USBLN Conference session presenter on Cornell/ODEP Mentor Pilot Program & Introduction to Awards Banquet Keynote Speaker
- 2011 USBLN Conference presenter on employing injured service personnel
- 2010 Virginia Governor’s Forum on Economic Growth for the Disabled Community
- 2009 Maryland Governor’s Forum on the Inclusion and Employment of Individuals with Disabilities
- January 2009, appeared on the cover and was the featured article in “Careers & The disABLED” magazine