We are wrapping up a successful year at PYD and are working hard to sustain momentum in 2014! With 534 youth served last year, we will continue to aspire, achieve, and empower.
- Access to Theatre returned to the Massachusetts Hospital School this fall after the launch of a successful spring program, and is now offering weekly theatre sessions on Sunday afternoons throughout the school year.
- Making Healthy Connections Boston is off to a great start with youth and parent meetings that began again in October 2013. Making Healthy Connections Springfield is currently preparing for programming set to resume in January 2014.
- Mentor Match has created 60 new matches this year, breaking 100 active matches for the first time in its near 30 year history. Mentor Match has expanded support through new initiatives, such as hosting our first field day, providing matches the opportunities to participate in a variety of inclusive sports.
- The National Center continues to collaborate with organizations across the U.S. to promote inclusion of people with disabilities in meaningful programming. In 2013, the National Center trained over 48 organizations through conference presentations, workshops, and in-depth consultations.
- The Young Entrepreneurs Project is running at full force with more classrooms than ever before. We will have 9 classrooms at 4 Boston Public Schools and 3 Boys and Girls Clubs during the 2013-2014 school year.
We’ve highlighted some of the exciting moments from 2013 in the PYD Profiles below. Please take a moment to share them! If you would like to make a gift to help support our programs that empower youth with disabilities to reach their personal, educational, and career goals, you can download the annual appeal donation slips or make a contribution through PYD’s secure website.
Thank you for sharing in these exciting updates with us,
Your friends at PYD